WEIGHT LOSS MEDICATIONS:
IMPORTANT Information on Wegovy:
- Wegovy®(semaglutide) is an injectable prescription medicine used for adults with obesity (BMI ≥30) or overweight (excess weight) (BMI ≥27) who also have weight-related medical problems to help them lose weight and keep the weight off. The subcutaneous injection is generally started at the dose of 0.25 mg weekly and gradually increased every 4 weeks to a maximum of 2.4 mg per week as tolerated under the direction and supervision of healthcare professionals. Wegovy® should be used with a reduced calorie meal plan and increased physical activity.
- Wegovy® contains semaglutide and should not be used with other semaglutide-containing oral or injectable products or other GLP-1 receptor agonist medicines.
- Wegovy® should not be used in patients with Medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC) or family history of MTC, multiple endocrine syndrome type 2 (MEN 2) or hypersensitivity to this class of drugs, It should be avoided or used with caution in patients with history of pancreatitis or at risk for pancreatitis.
- It should be used with caution or avoided in females of reproductive potential.
- Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Wegovy®may affect the way some medicines work and some medicines may affect the way Wegovy® Tell your healthcare provider if you are taking other medicines to treat diabetes, including sulfonylureas or insulin. Wegovy® slows stomach emptying and can affect medicines that need to pass through the stomach quickly.
- Before using Wegovy tell your healthcare provider if you have any other medical conditions, including pancreatic disorder, diabetes, kidney disease diabetic retinopathy, depression or other mental health issues or planning to become pregnant, are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Wegovy®may harm your unborn baby. You should stop using Wegovy® 2 months before you plan to become pregnant, are breastfeeding.
Please check Wegovy.com for further information and to find out if it is covered by your insurance policy