DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The weight management program at Endocrine & Diabetes Center is different from many commercial weight loss programs that promote and sell nutritional products. We emphasize good clinical care, metabolic evaluation, correction/management of underlying metabolic dysfunction, and strategies for long-term weight management. Our approach is highly tailored to each unique individual patient and clinical situation. The program is composed of the following:
- Initial clinical evaluation including a complete history and physical examination
- Laboratory testing
- Nutritional evaluation, nutrition coaching sessions
- Body composition analysis and follow-up testing
- Behavior modification therapy will be incorporated into all medical and nutrition visits
- Exercise guidance
- Prescription medications as clinically appropriate
- Follow up visits at regular intervals
COST OF THE PROGRAM:
- The cost the 24-week program for non-covered services is $750.00.
- Nutrition Coaching: The program includes up to 6 nutrition coaching sessions (45 minutes for the first visit, and follow up visits). Additional nutritional coaching may be obtained for $75 per session. All nutrition visits can be done in-person or virtually.
- Body Composition Analysis: Up to 6 determination of body composition using InBody 570. All data will be longitudinally recorded and shared with you to track your progress.
- Office visits: Initial and follow up visits with the physician or nurse practitioner will be billed to your insurance plan or Medicare. In addition to the $750.00 program fee, you will be responsible for any co-pay, co-insurance, and/or deductible associated with your care. If payments are rejected for payment by your insurance, you will be responsible for paying for those services. Office visits will be scheduled every 2-4 weeks, depending on the clinical situation, and may be available either in person or virtually.
- Lab tests: The cost of lab tests will be billed to your insurance or Medicare by the lab. We have the convenience of a Quest Laboratory drawing station in our office.
We look forward to serving you.