Edward G. Movius, M.D., F.A.C.P., F.A.C.E.
- Certified by the American Board of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Specialty training: National Institutes of Health
- Fellow of American College of Physicians
- Fellow of American College of Endocrinology
- Extensive experience in general endocrinology, thyroid disorders, diabetes
- Selected as Super Doctor by the Washingtonian Post.
Dr. Movius is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and the Subspecialty Board of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. After graduating from Pomona College with honors in mathematics, he served as a Navy Corpsman for four years. He graduated from the University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine and then completed internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the UCLA-affiliated Sepulveda Veterans Administration Hospital in California. He completed one year of research in Nephrology at UCSD followed by a clinical/research fellowship in Endocrinology at the National Institutes of Health. His research was directed towards understanding the mechanism of transport of thyroid hormone into cells.
Dr. Movius practiced Endocrinology in Rockville, MD for several years before joining the Endocrine & Diabetes Center. He speaks German and Spanish, and has written software to communicate with non-English-speaking patients. He has acquired particular expertise in treating patients with thyroid cancer. He is a member of the American College of Physicians, the Endocrine Society and the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists. The Washington Post has recognized Dr. Movius as one of the Super Doctors of Washington Metropolitan area for 2011 and 2012.